Imagine for a second what an ideal world looks like for you. Some people might call it “heaven on earth.” Others might see it as simply a world that works for all. Still others might see it as a place of boundless creativity and adventure.
Whatever that ideal world is for you, that’s what we want to create on Shift Movement. That’s the end result of The Shift. Building Shift Movement together is our chance to co-create what a new world looks and feels like – one filled with respect, mutual empowerment, grace, insight, laughter, love, and creativity. A world based on peace, sustainability, health, prosperity, and enlightened ideals.
Until we have experienced such a world in miniature, it’s hard to imagine it possible in the world as a whole. But that is our task: to create the world as a mirror of our highest aspirations. And that begins with each action we take in relationship with each other.
So that is the spirit of how we invite you to engage each other here: with reverence, respect, and even love, with a goal of creating a template here of the world we are birthing. To foster this, we ask that all members abide by seven sacred principles:
- Oneness – The core recognition that we are all connected and that what is done to another is done to ourselves. Let’s demonstrate it here.
- Respect – Seeing the best in each other and calling that forth, as well as treating someone honorably even when they hold positions with which we disagree.
- Truthfulness – Sharing truthfully to foster evolution in ourselves and others. But let us remember to be gentle and self-responsible when sharing less pleasant truths as well.
- Love – It’s the foundation of all truly beautiful relationships, so let’s embody it here.
- Equality – A sacred honoring of the deep equality of all beings (even while we honor mastery in its many forms)
- Balance – Any virtue that is out of balance is no longer a virtue. So let us remember to seek balance in ourselves and between each other,
- Sharing – Be generous with our skills, our ideas, and our resources. The free circulation of goodness is at the foundation of a truly empowering community.
A few additional things that flow from the above principles:
- Follow the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Be your highest Self. Let this be a place where you practice the You that is most sacred and masterful.
- Don’t be anyone else. Please maintain only one profile, and make sure that the articles and stories and images you’re posting are your own (and if not, make sure you have permission to use them.)
- Build friendships in integrity. Please be mindful of your intentions when requesting friendship from someone. Friendships should be requested based on honest intent to connect personally after meeting through community discussions, groups, off-line connection, clear common interests etc. Please do not request friendships with members you have never connected with previously solely to share your products or services.
- Be transparent about your intentions. If you are interest in connecting with someone (as a friend or through a group) to share your business or service, be clear about your intentions up front (prior to requesting friendship) so the other member can make an informed decision as to their level of involvement.
We’re looking forward to creating something truly magical with you!
Shift Movement Team